Last updated on May 17th, 2020 at 07:24 pm
Need Your Utah Food Handlers Card?
Click the register button now to get your Utah food handler card before the price increases!
” Best investment I have ever made! “
School District Director / Madison School District
UTAH FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
- The Food Handler Solutions Program is currently not approved in the state of Utah. This program is only intended to be used for personal development and preparation for the state provided training.
- ANSI accredited certificate required and must be taken through the Utah Restaurant Association
- In ALL counties across Utah food Handlers are required to obtain a valid Food Handler Card within 30 days of their hire date.
- This is a MANDATORY requirement statewide.
- Food Handler Certificate must be obtained from a program accredited by ANSI (American National Standards Institute).
- Individual counties may have additional requirements and/or fees ranging from $15.00 to $20.00. The local health department should be contacted for more information.
- It is advised that all persons wishing to obtain their Food Handler Certification check with the local health department for any additional requirements.
- Some counties may require proof of legal residence or the payment of a supplemental fee to issue a county food handler card.
- All the following apply:
- Certificate expires every 3 years and must be renewed
- A physical certificate is required
- Participation in a training class is required
- Classroom or On-line class participation is acceptable
- Class and exam duration is 1 to 2 hours
- Certificate is required for all staff working in a foodservice facility