Last updated on March 18th, 2019 at 12:38 am
Need Your Alabama Food Handlers Card?
Click the register button now to get your Alabama food handler card before the price increases!
ALABAMA FOOD HANDLER CARD REQUIREMENTS
Mobile & Jefferson County Specific Requirements –
- Training provided by health dept or exclusive 3rd party provider “State Food Safety”
- County requires that all food workers have food safety training before handling food served to the public.
- Food workers who take a food safety training class and pass a County Health Department approved exam on food safety basics are issued a ANSI-Accredited Food Handler Certificate. ANSI certificate accreditation is not required.
- Check with local health department to determine where to obtain approved food worker training, test, and card.
- Food service workers are required to obtain a food handler card within 30 days of beginning work.
All other Alabama Counties –
- Obtaining a valid Alabama food handler card is voluntary for all other counties in Alabama.