Welcome Alabama food handlers. If you are looking for an affordable, fun and easy online ANSI accredited food handler course, you are in the right spot. Get your Alabama Food Handler Card by clicking the button below.
ALABAMA FOOD HANDLER CARD REQUIREMENTS
Mobile & Jefferson County Specific Requirements –
- Training provided by health dept or exclusive 3rd party provider “State Food Safety”
- County requires that all food workers have food safety training before handling food served to the public.
- Food workers who take a food safety training class and pass a County Health Department approved exam on food safety basics are issued a Food Handler Permit. ANSI certificate accreditation is not required.
- Check with local health department to determine where to obtain approved food worker training, test, and card.
- Food service workers are required to obtain a food handler card within 30 days of beginning work.
All other Alabama Counties –
- Obtaining a valid Alabama food handler card is voluntary for all other counties in Alabama.