Last updated on May 19th, 2021 at 10:27 am
Need Your Alabama Food Handlers Card?
Click the register button now to get your Alabama food handler card before the price increases!
” Best investment I have ever made! “
School District Director / Madison School District
ALABAMA FOOD HANDLER CARD REQUIREMENTS
Mobile & Jefferson County Specific Requirements –
- Training provided by health dept or exclusive 3rd party provider “State Food Safety”
- County requires that all food workers have food safety training before handling food served to the public.
- Food workers who take a food safety training class and pass a County Health Department-approved exam on food safety basics are issued an ANSI-Accredited Food Handler Certificate. ANSI certificate accreditation is not required.
- Check with the local health department to determine where to obtain approved food worker training, test, and card.
- Jefferson County: New employees must be certified within 21 days of their hire date.
All other Alabama Counties –
- Obtaining a valid Alabama food handler card is voluntary for all other counties in Alabama.