Last updated on March 29th, 2018 at 11:39 am
Need a Alabama food handlers card?
ALABAMA FOOD HANDLER CARD REQUIREMENTS
Mobile & Jefferson County Specific Requirements –
- Training provided by health dept or exclusive 3rd party provider “State Food Safety”
- County requires that all food workers have food safety training before handling food served to the public.
- Food workers who take a food safety training class and pass a County Health Department approved exam on food safety basics are issued a Food Handler Permit. ANSI certificate accreditation is not required.
- Check with local health department to determine where to obtain approved food worker training, test, and card.
- Food service workers are required to obtain a food handler card within 30 days of beginning work.
All other Alabama Counties –
- Obtaining a valid Alabama food handler card is voluntary for all other counties in Alabama.