Last updated on May 15th, 2020 at 12:11 am
Need Your Alabama Food Handlers Card?
Now offering all online training courses with an in-person, proctored manager examination at one of our 1,500 nationwide testing centers
Click the register button now to get your Alabama food handler card before the price increases!
Register below before time expires
” Best investment I have ever made! “
School District Director / Madison School District
ALABAMA FOOD HANDLER CARD REQUIREMENTS
Mobile & Jefferson County Specific Requirements –
- Training provided by health dept or exclusive 3rd party provider “State Food Safety”
- County requires that all food workers have food safety training before handling food served to the public.
- Food workers who take a food safety training class and pass a County Health Department approved exam on food safety basics are issued a ANSI-Accredited Food Handler Certificate. ANSI certificate accreditation is not required.
- Check with local health department to determine where to obtain approved food worker training, test, and card.
- Food service workers are required to obtain a food handler card within 30 days of beginning work.
All other Alabama Counties –
- Obtaining a valid Alabama food handler card is voluntary for all other counties in Alabama.