Click Register Now
Get your ALASKA food managers certificate
Now Starting from $99
If you are looking for an affordable, fun and easy online food handler manager certification course, you are in the right spot. Get your Alaska Food Handler Card by clicking the button below.
Our clients love our service
“Class was great, however the Certificate would not download. Checked my computer settings and they appeared to be fine. It would be great if our certificates were emailed, as I ended up taking another food safety class, not near as detailed, just to get a certificate emailed.”
“The course content was thorough and clear, the modules were easy yo navigate through, and the cost was very affordable. Thank you for making my licensing needs so easy to obtain.”
“This test is improved from earlier ones. The info section could be shortened, but maybe because not much has changed in the time I’ve been taking these tests. The final was quick.”
“Was super easy to use. Some slide sounds were on the wrong page but it was still easy and helpful.”
“It was easy and very informative it went slow enough that I could understand it and if I needed to go back I could so it really helped me to win and walk with my food handlers card feel very proud of myself”
ALASKA FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
The operator of a food establishment that serves or prepares unwrapped, unpackaged food shall employ at least one full-time certified food protection manager who is involved in the daily operations of the establishment to carry out the responsibilities. The Municipality of Anchorage also requires facilities with a Risk type 2 or Risk type 3 permit to have at least one person certified as a food protection manager.
|Approved Certification Exams|
Always Food Safe
|Food Safety Training Requirement|
All food service workers employed for organizations licensed by the Division of Hotels and Restaurants must take and pass a food safety training course to acquire a food worker certificate from an accredited program.
When four or more employees are operating in a licensed food facility, a minimum of one certified food protection manager must be there. If there are three or fewer employees, the certified food manager does not need to be present during that time of operation.
The law states that you have 30 days to make sure a food establishment has a certified food protection manager employed when a business is just started, there is a change in ownership, or the previous certified food protection manager quits.
- Priority Category 1 establishment (where only prepackaged time/temperature control items are offered)
- Priority Category 2 establishment (where no raw foods of animal origin are offered, no tableware is reused, and no heated foods are cooled)
- Temporary food establishment
- Online Food Manager Training: A self-paced training that is online and incorporates different learning experiences such as graphics, audio, and cooperative learning exercises. This is a very effective learning program.
- Online Study Guide: A study guide (20+ pages) that covers the major FDA food theories. This study guide also encompasses the Top 10 Tips to Passing the Food Manager Exam and two practice tests. All of these are done online.
- Food Manager Exam: The test is conducted online via the Always Food Safe Company which is ANSI accredited and recognized by state and county health departments.