This post was most recently updated on July 3rd, 2018
Last updated on July 3rd, 2018 at 07:52 pm
Need Your California Food Handlers Card?
Click the register button now to get your California food handler card before the price increases!
CALIFORNIA FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
- ALL food Handlers in California working are required to obtain a valid Food Handler Card within 30 days of their hire date.
- This is a MANDATORY requirement statewide.
- Food Handler Certificate must be obtained from a program accredited by ANSI (American National Standards Institute) and approved by the state of California.
- FoodHandlerSolutions.com is an ANSI accredited provider of Food Handler Online Training.
- The following counties have additional requirements and the local health departments should be contacted for more information before purchasing any online or any person course.
- San Diego County – Food Handlers should contact the county Environmental Health Service.
- Riverside County – Food handlers are required to obtain a food worker’s card from the county Environmental Health Service.
- San Bernardino County – Food handlers are required to obtain a food worker’s card from the county Environmental Health Service.
- It is advised that all persons wishing to obtain their Food Handler Certificate check with the local health department for any additional requirements.
- Some counties may require proof of legal residence or the payment of a supplemental fee to issue a county food handler card.
- All the following apply –
- Certificate expires every 3 years and must be renewed.
- A physical certificate is required.
- Participation in a training class is required
- Classroom or On-line class participation is acceptable.
- Class and exam duration must be 1 to 3 hours – Training hours vary from county to county.
- CA approved ANSI Food Handler Certificate is required for all staff working in a foodservice facility
On-Line Training & Certificate Exam
$15.97 $8.97 (for a Limited Time)
- Available in English & Spanish (Español)
- Self-paced & Fast
- Interactive Environment
- Score of 75% or higher to required get your Food Handler Certificate
- Immediate ability to print your Food Handler Certificate after passing the exam
California Food Handler Card Information Snapshot
- California Regulations require food handlers to obtain their education and Food Handler certificate from an ANSI accredited provider as required by their county.
- The renewal period for the Food Handler Card may vary from county to county and is subject to change. It is advised to check with your local environmental health department for specific renewal requirements. As a rule, Food Handler Cards are valid for 3 years.
- Additional issuance fees may be required so please check with your local environmental health department.
- Some counties may require proof of legal residency be presented to the local health environmental department in order to receive a valid Food Handler Card.