Click Register Now
Get your CALIFORNIA food handlers card
Now Starting from $10
Our clients love our service
“Class was great, however the Certificate would not download. Checked my computer settings and they appeared to be fine. It would be great if our certificates were emailed, as I ended up taking another food safety class, not near as detailed, just to get a certificate emailed.”
“The test and modules were great, helped me learn pretty easily. However, my certificate won’t download and it’s been 3 days. But other than that the program was great!”
“Lessons were clearly given, test had good questions. But I can't print my certificate or card. Neither are updated with my name or completion date. I can't get ahold of anyone to assist me! Other than that, I would suggest to someone else.”
“This course was easy to understand and explained every thing to the point. When I took my test I was proud to have passed with 90%. Gia from customer service was great she helped me get my card in seconds. Thank you!”
CALIFORNIA FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
- ALL food Handlers in California working are required to obtain a valid Food Handler Card within 30 days of their hire date.
- This is a MANDATORY requirement statewide.
- Food Handler Certificate must be obtained from a program accredited by ANAB (ANSI National Accreditation Board) and approved by the state of California.
- FoodHandlerSolutions.com is an ANAB accredited provider of Food Handler Online Training.
- The following counties have additional requirements and the local health departments should be contacted for more information before purchasing any online or any person course. San Diego County – Food Handlers should contact the county Environmental Health Service. Food handlers need to pass a food handler test with a minimum score of 80 percent.
- Riverside County – Food handlers are required to obtain a food worker’s card from the county Environmental Health Service.
- San Bernardino County – Food handlers are required to obtain a food worker’s card from the county Environmental Health Service.
- It is advised that all persons wishing to obtain their Food Handler Certificate check with the local health department for any additional requirements.
- Some counties may require proof of legal residence or the payment of a supplemental fee to issue a county food handler card.
- All the following apply
- Certificate expires every 3 years and must be renewed.
- A physical certificate is required.
- Participation in a training class is required
- Classroom or On-line class participation is acceptable.
- Class and exam duration must be 1 to 3 hours – Training hours vary from county to county.
- CA approved ANAB Food Handler Certificate is required for all staff working in a foodservice facility