Last updated on January 26th, 2020 at 06:30 pm
Need Your California Food Handlers Card?
Click the register button now to get your California food handler card before the price increases!
” Best investment I have ever made! “
School District Director / Madison School District
CALIFORNIA FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
- ALL food Handlers in California working are required to obtain a valid Food Handler Card within 30 days of their hire date.
- This is a MANDATORY requirement statewide.
- Food Handler Certificate must be obtained from a program accredited by ANSI (American National Standards Institute) and approved by the state of California.
- FoodHandlerSolutions.com is an ANSI accredited provider of Food Handler Online Training.
- The following counties have additional requirements and the local health departments should be contacted for more information before purchasing any online or any person course.
- San Diego County – Food Handlers should contact the county Environmental Health Service.Food handlers need to pass a food handler test with a minimum score of 80 percent.
- Riverside County – Food handlers are required to obtain a food worker’s card from the county Environmental Health Service.
- San Bernardino County – Food handlers are required to obtain a food worker’s card from the county Environmental Health Service.
- It is advised that all persons wishing to obtain their Food Handler Certificate check with the local health department for any additional requirements.
- Some counties may require proof of legal residence or the payment of a supplemental fee to issue a county food handler card.
- All the following apply –
- Certificate expires every 3 years and must be renewed.
- A physical certificate is required.
- Participation in a training class is required
- Classroom or On-line class participation is acceptable.
- Class and exam duration must be 1 to 3 hours – Training hours vary from county to county.
- CA approved ANSI Food Handler Certificate is required for all staff working in a foodservice facility