Last updated on May 12th, 2021 at 01:15 am
Need Your Florida Food Manager Certification?
Now offering all online training courses with an in-person, proctored manager examination at one of our 1,500 nationwide testing centers
Click the register button now to get your Florida Food Manager Certification before the price increases!
” So affordable! I definitely recommend Food Handler Solutions! “
School District Director / Creighton School District
Florida FOOD MANAGER CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
|State Regulations||Establishments that serve highly susceptible populations, or have three or more employees at one time engaged in the storage, preparation, display, or serving of food must have at least one certified manager present at all times when said activities are taking place. All other establishments must have a certified manager or managers responsible for all periods of operation, but said manager or managers need not be present at all times.|
|Approved Certification Exams||Always Food Safe
ServSafe and Prometric
|Food Safety Training Requirement||No|
|Certificate Renewal||5 years|
|Additional Requirements||All food service workers employed for organizations licensed by the Division of Hotels and Restaurants must take and pass a food safety training course to acquire a food worker certificate from an accredited program.|
Does the food manager need to be present at the food establishment at all times?
When four or more employees are operating in a licensed food facility, a minimum of one certified food protection manager must be there. If there are three or less employees, the certified food manager does not need to be present during that time of operation.
Do I need to have a certified food protection manager on board before I open my business?
The law states that you have 30 days to make sure a food establishment has a certified food protection manager employed when a business is just started, there is a change in ownership, or the previous certified food protection manager quits.
Who is excused from the Food Manager Certification requirement?
Food service vendors that are temporary and vending machine workers.
The following types of food service establishments are exempted from Department of Health manager certification requirements:
- Bars and lounges
- Public and private schools (provided that the food service is operated by school employees)
- Civic Organizations
- Theaters that are required to maintain a Department of Health food certificate
What training do you provide in Florida?
- Online Food Manager Training: A self-paced training which is online and incorporates different learning experiences such as graphics, audio and cooperative learning exercises. This is a very effective learning program.
- Online Study Guide: A study guide (20+ pages) which covers the major FDA food theories. This study guide also encompasses Top 5 Tips to Passing the Food Manager Examand two practice tests. This is sent and received through email, but can also be sent and received through the mail for a small shipping and handling fee.
- Food Manager Exam: This test is conducted at a testing center at a spot near you. You can choose the date of your test, but will need to give notice five business days before you arrive to our office. The test given will be Prometric, a nationally accredited Food Manager certification, and is permitted and recognized by state and county health departments.
How Would You Like To Take The Exam?
Go to a testing center or take it remotely with your computers webcam.
Testing Center Exam Provided By:
Remotely Proctored Exam Provided By: