Last updated on March 18th, 2019 at 08:58 pm
Need Your Montana Food Handlers Card?
Click the register button now to get your Montana food handler card before the price increases!
MONTANA FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
Gallatin & Sanders County Specific Requirements –
- County requires that all food workers have food safety training before handling food served to the public.
- Food workers who take a food safety training class and pass an approved exam on food safety basics are issued a ANSI-Accredited Food Handler Certificate.
- Check with local health department to determine where to obtain approved food worker training, test, and card.
- Food service workers are required to obtain a food handler card within 30 days of beginning work.
All other Montana Counties –
- Obtaining a valid food handler card is voluntary for all other counties in Montana.