Last updated on March 26th, 2018 at 05:23 pm
Welcome Nevada food handlers.
NEVADA FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
Important Noticed –
- We are currently not accepted in this state
Clark County Specific Requirements –
- Clark County requires that all food workers have food safety training before handling food served to the public.
- Food workers must take a food safety training class and pass an ANSI accredited exam approved by Clark County Health Department and obtain a valid Food Handler Certificate.
- The certificate must be presented to the local health department to obtain an approved food worker card.
- Food service workers are required to obtain a food handler card within 30 days of beginning work.
- Food handler cards issued in any county are valid throughout Nevada.
- If you have a valid food manager training certificate, it is accepted in lieu of a food handler card.
- Food handler cards issued in other states are not valid in Clark County.
All other Nevada Counties –
- Obtaining a valid food handler card is voluntary for all other counties in Nevada.