Welcome New Mexico food handlers. If you are looking for an affordable, fun and easy online ANSI accredited food handler course, you are in the right spot.
NEW MEXICO FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
- EFFECTIVE MARCH 1, 2018 – ALL food Handlers in NEW MEXICO working are required to obtain a valid Food Handler Card within 30 days of their hire date.
- This is a MANDATORY requirement statewide.
- Food Handler Certificate must be obtained from a program accredited by ANSI (American National Standards Institute).
- It is advised that all persons wishing to obtain their Food Handler Certificate check with the local health department for any additional requirements.
- Some counties may require proof of legal residence or the payment of a supplemental fee to issue a county food handler card.
- All the following apply –
- Certificate expires every 3 years and must be renewed
- A physical certificate is required
- Participation in a training class is required
- Classroom or On-line class participation is acceptable
- Class and exam duration is not specified – Average is 1 to 2 hours
- Certificate is required for all staff working in a foodservice facility
Click Here To Register Now!