This post was most recently updated on June 8th, 2018
Last updated on June 8th, 2018 at 02:14 am
Welcome Texas food handlers.
TEXAS FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
- All counties across require Texas Food Handlers to obtain a valid Food Handler Card within 30 days of their hire date.
- This is a MANDATORY requirement statewide.
- Food Handler Certificate must be obtained from a program accredited by ANSI (American National Standards Institute) and approval by the state of Texas.
- FoodHandlerSolutions.com is an ANSI accredited provider of Food Handler Online Training.
- Individual counties may have additional requirements and/or fees ranging from $5.00 to $20.00. The local health department should be contacted for more information.
- It is advised that all persons wishing to obtain their Food Handler Certificate check with the local health department for any additional requirements.
- Some counties may require proof of legal residence or the payment of a supplemental fee to issue a county food handler card.
- All the following apply –
- Certificate expires every 5 years and must be renewed
- A physical certificate is required.
- Participation in a training class is required.
- Classroom or On-line class participation is acceptable.
- Class and exam duration must be 1 to 2 hours – Training hours vary from county to county.
- Certificate is required for all staff working in a foodservice facility.
On-Line Training & Certificate Exam
$15.97 $8.97 (for a Limited Time)
- Available in English & Spanish (Español)
- Self-paced & Fast
- Interactive Environment
- Score of 75% or higher to required get your Food Handler Certificate
- Immediate ability to print your Food Handler Certificate after passing the exam
Texas Food Handler Card Information Snapshot
- Many local environmental health service departments require food handlers to obtain their education and Food Handler certificate from an ANSI accredited provider as required by their city or county.
- The renewal period for the Food Handler Card may vary from county to county and is subject to change. It is advised to check with your local health department for specific renewal requirements. Food Handler Cards are valid for 2 years in Texas.
- Additional issuance fees ($5.00 to $20.00) may be required so please check with your local health department.
- Some counties may require proof of legal residency be presented to the local health department in order to receive a valid Food Handler Card.