Last updated on October 25th, 2018 at 06:52 pm
Need Your Utah Food Handlers Card?
Click the register button now to get your Utah food handler card before the price increases!
UTAH FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
- The Food Handler Solutions Program is currently not approved in the state of Utah. This program is only intended to be used for personal development and preparation for the state provided training.
- ANSI accredited certificate required and must be taken through the Utah Restaurant Association
- In ALL counties across Utah food Handlers are required to obtain a valid Food Handler Card within 30 days of their hire date.
- This is a MANDATORY requirement statewide.
- Food Handler Certificate must be obtained from a program accredited by ANSI (American National Standards Institute).
- Individual counties may have additional requirements and/or fees ranging from $15.00 to $20.00. The local health department should be contacted for more information.
- It is advised that all persons wishing to obtain their Food Handler Certification check with the local health department for any additional requirements.
- Some counties may require proof of legal residence or the payment of a supplemental fee to issue a county food handler card.
- All the following apply –
- Certificate expires every 3 years and must be renewed
- A physical certificate is required
- Participation in a training class is required
- Classroom or On-line class participation is acceptable
- Class and exam duration is 1 to 2 hours
- Certificate is required for all staff working in a foodservice facility
On-Line Training & Certificate Exam
Price:$15.97 $8.97 (for a Limited Time)
- Available in English & Spanish (Español)
- Self-paced & Fast
- Interactive Environment
- Score of 70% or higher to required get your Food Handler Certificate
- Immediate ability to print your Food Handler Certificate after passing the exam
Utah Food Handler Card Information Snapshot
- All Utah environmental health service departments require food handlers to obtain their education and Food Handler certificate from an ANSI accredited provider as required by their city or county.
- The renewal period for the Food Handler Card may vary from county to county and is subject to change. It is advised to check with your local health department for specific renewal requirements. Food Handler Cards are valid for 3 years in Utah.
- Additional issuance fees ($15.00 to $20.00) may be required so please check with your local health department.
- Some counties may require proof of legal residency be presented to the local health department in order to receive a valid Food Handler Card.