Last updated on November 5th, 2021 at 12:04 am
Need Your Wisconsin Food Manager Certification?
Now offering all online training courses with an in-person, proctored manager examination at one of our 1,500 nationwide testing centers
Click the register button now to get your Wisconsin Food Manager Certification before the price increases!
” So affordable! I definitely recommend Food Handler Solutions! “
School District Director / Creighton School District
Wisconsin FOOD MANAGER CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
|State Regulations||Most licensed food establishments must have at least one manager or operator certified in food protection practices. Certification is required for most food establishments, but not all.|
|Approved Certification Exams||Always Food Safe
ServSafe and Prometric
|Food Safety Training Requirement||No|
|Certificate Renewal||5 years|
|Additional Requirements||All food service workers employed for organizations licensed by the Division of Hotels and Restaurants must take and pass a food safety training course to acquire a food worker certificate from an accredited program.|
Does the food manager need to be present at the food establishment at all times?
When four or more employees are operating in a licensed food facility, a minimum of one certified food protection manager must be there. If there are three or less employees, the certified food manager does not need to be present during that time of operation.
Do I need to have a certified food protection manager on board before I open my business?
The operator or manager of an establishment that is new or undergoing a change-of-operator must have a food manager with the appropriate credential within the first 90 days after opening.
Who is excused from the Food Manager Certification requirement?
- Simple food establishments that serve only a single service individual
- Already pre-wrapped foods from a licensed food distributor
- Serve/sell only non-potentially hazardous foods
- Operators of Transient Retail Food Establishments
What training do you provide in Wisconsin?
- Online Food Manager Training: A self-paced training that is online and incorporates different learning experiences such as graphics, audio, and cooperative learning exercises. This is a very effective learning program.
- Online Study Guide: A study guide (20+ pages) that covers the major FDA food theories. This study guide also encompasses the Top 10 Tips to Passing the Food Manager Exam and two practice tests. All of these are done online.
- Food Manager Exam: The test is conducted online via The Always Food Safe Company or in-person via Prometric. Both providers are ANSI accredited and recognized by state and county health departments.
How Would You Like To Take The Exam?
Go to a testing center or take it remotely with your computer’s webcam.
Testing Center Exam Provided By:
Remotely Proctored Exam Provided By: