Welcome Florida food handlers. If you are looking for an affordable, fun and easy online ANSI accredited food handler course, you are in the right spot.
FLORIDA FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
- ALL food handlers in Florida are required to obtain a valid Food Handler Card within 30 days of their hire date.
- This is a MANDATORY requirement statewide for food handlers employed all food service establishments.
- Food workers must take the State of Florida approved class and pass exam on food safety basics.
- Those who pass the exam are issued a Food Worker Permit.
- Local Health Departments offer the food worker training, test, and card.
- Once obtained the permit is valid throughout the state.
- Contact the local health department to find approved food handler training sources.