Last updated on November 5th, 2021 at 12:45 am
Need Your Georgia Food Manager Certification?
Now offering all online training courses with an in-person, proctored manager examination at one of our 1,500 nationwide testing centers
Click the register button now to get your Georgia Food Manager Certification before the price increases!
” So affordable! I definitely recommend Food Handler Solutions! “
School District Director / Creighton School District
Georgia FOOD MANAGER CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
|State Regulations||Under Georgia Food Service Rules and Regulations 511-6-1-.03(3), food service establishments that serve potentially hazardous food need at least one supervisory employee to be a Certified Food Safety Manager (CFSM).|
|Approved Certification Exams||Always Food Safe
ServSafe and Prometric
|Food Safety Training Requirement||Some acceptable training programs include in-classroom, internet-based, on CD-ROM, or any other acceptable method of training|
|Certificate Renewal||Managers have to renew the food safety certification in compliance with the requirements of the test taken.|
Which establishments are excused from the Food Safety Certification requirement?
- A mobile food facility that does not process foods
- Foodservice facilities that serve food products that are not potentially hazardous and require limited preparation, or those potentially hazardous foods which have been previously prepared in a permitted food service establishment
Do I need to keep a copy of the manager’s food safety certification at the food establishment?
The original Certified Food Safety Manager certificate is required to be posted in public view in every food service facility. An extra copy should be kept on file at the food service establishment at all times and should be available for inspection by the health department.
Does the Certified Food Safety Manager need to be present at the food establishment at all times?
No, the Certified Food Safety Manager does not need to be present during every hour of operation. Although, the Food Safety Manager must designate a different employee to be the person in charge when they are not present.
Do I need to have a Certified Food Safety Manager employed before I open my business?
An establishment must employ a CFSM within 60 calendar days of initial permit issuance, change of ownership permit issuance, or termination of employment of its CFSM.
What are the Certified Food Safety Manager’s responsibilities?
The CSFM should:
- Be the individual in charge when they are present in the foodservice facility and should designate another employee to be in charge when they are not present.
- Manage and teach food service employees in the procedures of sanitary food handling and correct maintenance of the establishment.
- Provide a training program for their employees to encourage employee competence in their responsibility for food safety.
- Communicate with representatives of the health department about the efficiency of employee training courses; and
- Evaluate the training needs of the food service employees and ask for more formal training if needed.
What training do you provide in Georgia?
- Online Food Manager Training: A self-paced training that is online and incorporates different learning experiences such as graphics, audio, and cooperative learning exercises. This is a very effective learning program.
- Online Study Guide: A study guide (20+ pages) that covers the major FDA food theories. This study guide also encompasses the Top 10 Tips to Passing the Food Manager Exam and two practice tests. All of these are done online.
- Food Manager Exam: The test is conducted online via The Always Food Safe Company or in-person via Prometric. Both providers are ANSI accredited and recognized by state and county health departments.
Now Offering a Completely Remote Examination
Click Below to Get Started!
Testing Center Exam Provided By:
Remotely Proctored Exam Provided By: