Click Register Now
Get your ILLINOIS food managers certificate
Now Starting from $99
If you are looking for an affordable, fun and easy online food handler manager certification course, you are in the right spot. Get your Illinois Food Handler Card by clicking the button below.
Our clients love our service
“Class was great, however the Certificate would not download. Checked my computer settings and they appeared to be fine. It would be great if our certificates were emailed, as I ended up taking another food safety class, not near as detailed, just to get a certificate emailed.”
“The course content was thorough and clear, the modules were easy yo navigate through, and the cost was very affordable. Thank you for making my licensing needs so easy to obtain.”
“This test is improved from earlier ones. The info section could be shortened, but maybe because not much has changed in the time I’ve been taking these tests. The final was quick.”
“Was super easy to use. Some slide sounds were on the wrong page but it was still easy and helpful.”
“It was easy and very informative it went slow enough that I could understand it and if I needed to go back I could so it really helped me to win and walk with my food handlers card feel very proud of myself”
ILLINOIS FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
Establishments must always have at least one certified food manager on hand at all times. Otherwise, you could face penalties.
|Approved Certification Exams|
Always Food Safe
|Food Safety Training Requirement|
Eight hours of training from a state-approved course.
$40 certificate is payable to the Health Department (IDPH or City of Chicago, depending on business location). *The City of Chicago fee is included in our certification packages.
To obtain a Food Sanitation certification in the state of Illinois, you are required to:
- Complete a state-approved eight-hour Food Service Sanitation Manager course
- Successfully pass a state-approved exam (score at least 75%)
- Pay the $40 certificate fee to the Illinois Department of Public Health or the City of Chicago (this is for the issuance of a local certificate*).
The State of Illinois requires all Food Safety Certification training to be supervised by a certified administrator or instructor from the program. *The health department fee is included in our City of Chicago program packages. However, students employed outside the City of Chicago are required to attain an IDPH certificate by submitting an application through the IDPH website.
Yes. New foodservice facilities should have a Certified Food Protection Manager from the starting date of operation or should provide documentation showing enrollment in an approved course which should be completed within three months. Foodservice facilities that are not in compliance with this due to employee turnover must employ another Certified Food Protection Manager within three months.
The certificate will be valid for five years from the issue date. You will be required to renew it after five years.
Only the Illinois Food Safety Sanitation Manager Certification (IL FSSMC) is considered acceptable by local health departments. The reciprocity procedure is only for those with authorized City of Chicago certificates and those that took courses outside of Illinois. Anyone taking the courses as training and exam in Illinois must work through an approved instructor in Illinois.
According to Category III in the Illinois Food Code, some establishments are excused from this certification requirement. These are establishments where:
- Only pre-packaged foods are made available or served by the establishment, and any potentially hazardous foods are commercially pre-packaged in a processing plant;
- There is limited handling of non-potentially hazardous foods and beverages, such as snack foods and beverages; or
- Strictly beverages (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) are provided at the establishment
- Online Food Manager Training: A self-paced training that is online and incorporates different learning experiences such as graphics, audio, and cooperative learning exercises. This is a very effective learning program.
- Online Study Guide: A study guide (20+ pages) that covers the major FDA food theories. This study guide also encompasses the Top 10 Tips to Passing the Food Manager Exam and two practice tests. All of these are done online.
- Food Manager Exam: The test is conducted online via the Always Food Safe Company which is ANSI accredited and recognized by state and county health departments