Click Register Now
Get your ILLINOIS food managers certificate
Now Starting from $99
If you are looking for an affordable, fun and easy online food handler manager certification course, you are in the right spot. Get your Illinois Food Handler Card by clicking the button below.
Our clients love our service
Justin “Mujica” Bailey-Rockefeller
“I had an outstanding experience with Food Handler Solutions! Their online food handler training was top-notch, and the customer service was exceptional. The course was informative and easy to follow, and it was good to know that the support team was always there if I needed them. I highly recommend their services. They made the process convenient and effective. Thanks to them, I now feel confident in my food handling skills. Thanks to you Food Handler Solutions! I'm working!!”
“I needed my food handlers license to volunteer at the USO. This was so easy to access from the comfort of home. The lessons were very detailed with lots of illustrations. I passed the test with 90%. Thank you for providing all that I needed to meet the needed requirements!”
“Quick, easy and straightforward. Could not have asked for a better or simpler experience in getting my food handlers card, so thank you for that. Seemed to have TONS of research material to assist anyone with the knowledge needed to pass as well as just to educate. I winged it and passed but there are those who would prefer to study I suppose. All in all excellent site, price and system.”
“This course was in depth and very informative.. I have taken many food service courses, and this one by far is the best I have ever experienced. I suggested to my employer to make this course the preferred choice in standard food service worker certification. Thank you for such an amazing course!”
“I’ve been taking Food Handlers tests for 25 years, and this is the best one ever done. Easy to follow, and didn’t take much time at all. This is the place to get your Food Handlers Card!”
ILLINOIS FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
Establishments must always have at least one certified food manager on hand at all times. Otherwise, you could face penalties.
|Approved Certification Exams|
Always Food Safe
|Food Safety Training Requirement|
Eight hours of training from a state-approved course.
$40 certificate is payable to the Health Department (IDPH or City of Chicago, depending on business location). *The City of Chicago fee is included in our certification packages.
To obtain a Food Sanitation certification in the state of Illinois, you are required to:
- Complete a state-approved eight-hour Food Service Sanitation Manager course
- Successfully pass a state-approved exam (score at least 75%)
- Pay the $40 certificate fee to the Illinois Department of Public Health or the City of Chicago (this is for the issuance of a local certificate*).
The State of Illinois requires all Food Safety Certification training to be supervised by a certified administrator or instructor from the program. *The health department fee is included in our City of Chicago program packages. However, students employed outside the City of Chicago are required to attain an IDPH certificate by submitting an application through the IDPH website.
Yes. New foodservice facilities should have a Certified Food Protection Manager from the starting date of operation or should provide documentation showing enrollment in an approved course which should be completed within three months. Foodservice facilities that are not in compliance with this due to employee turnover must employ another Certified Food Protection Manager within three months.
The certificate will be valid for five years from the issue date. You will be required to renew it after five years.
Only the Illinois Food Safety Sanitation Manager Certification (IL FSSMC) is considered acceptable by local health departments. The reciprocity procedure is only for those with authorized City of Chicago certificates and those that took courses outside of Illinois. Anyone taking the courses as training and exam in Illinois must work through an approved instructor in Illinois.
According to Category III in the Illinois Food Code, some establishments are excused from this certification requirement. These are establishments where:
- Only pre-packaged foods are made available or served by the establishment, and any potentially hazardous foods are commercially pre-packaged in a processing plant;
- There is limited handling of non-potentially hazardous foods and beverages, such as snack foods and beverages; or
- Strictly beverages (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) are provided at the establishment
- Online Food Manager Training: A self-paced training that is online and incorporates different learning experiences such as graphics, audio, and cooperative learning exercises. This is a very effective learning program.
- Online Study Guide: A study guide (20+ pages) that covers the major FDA food theories. This study guide also encompasses the Top 10 Tips to Passing the Food Manager Exam and two practice tests. All of these are done online.
- Food Manager Exam: The test is conducted online via the Always Food Safe Company which is ANSI accredited and recognized by state and county health departments