Click Register Now
Get your INDIANA food managers certificate
Now Starting from $99
If you are looking for an affordable, fun and easy online food handler manager certification course, you are in the right spot. Get your Indiana Food Handler Card by clicking the button below.
Our clients love our service
Justin “Mujica” Bailey-Rockefeller
“I had an outstanding experience with Food Handler Solutions! Their online food handler training was top-notch, and the customer service was exceptional. The course was informative and easy to follow, and it was good to know that the support team was always there if I needed them. I highly recommend their services. They made the process convenient and effective. Thanks to them, I now feel confident in my food handling skills. Thanks to you Food Handler Solutions! I'm working!!”
“I needed my food handlers license to volunteer at the USO. This was so easy to access from the comfort of home. The lessons were very detailed with lots of illustrations. I passed the test with 90%. Thank you for providing all that I needed to meet the needed requirements!”
“Quick, easy and straightforward. Could not have asked for a better or simpler experience in getting my food handlers card, so thank you for that. Seemed to have TONS of research material to assist anyone with the knowledge needed to pass as well as just to educate. I winged it and passed but there are those who would prefer to study I suppose. All in all excellent site, price and system.”
“This course was in depth and very informative.. I have taken many food service courses, and this one by far is the best I have ever experienced. I suggested to my employer to make this course the preferred choice in standard food service worker certification. Thank you for such an amazing course!”
“I’ve been taking Food Handlers tests for 25 years, and this is the best one ever done. Easy to follow, and didn’t take much time at all. This is the place to get your Food Handlers Card!”
INDIANA FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
Indiana requires one person per food establishment to be a certified food handler (used to be certified food protection manager) which is responsible for all operating hours.
|Approved Certification Exams|
Always Food Safe
|Food Safety Training Requirement|
A food handler is described as a person who is an owner, operator, manager, or employee of a food facility; and is accountable for the storage, preparation, display, or serving of food to customers.
The Certified Food Handler does not need to be present at the food facility during every hour of operation. However, there must be a certified food handler accountable for all periods of operations.
Taking a training course is recommended but is not a requirement. The only requirement is to pass a test from an accepted provider such as Prometric or ServSafe.
A food service facility must maintain a copy of its certified food handler’s documentation with a passing score on file at the facility. The foodservice establishment’s individual in charge must have this documentation available for the local health office or designated representative upon demand.
The same person cannot be nominated as the certified food handler for more than one food facility – except for the requirements set forth with regard to “contiguous properties”.
Facilities have six months to fulfill the food handler law.
The facility has three months to be in compliance with the rules. This pertains to temporary facilities as well.
A CFPM is not needed when the food establishment’s food handling activities do not include the cooking of raw food of animal origin or are limited to one (1) or more of the following:
- Heating or serving pre-cooked foods
- Preparing or serving a continental breakfast such as rolls, coffee, juice, milk, and cold cereal.
- Preparing or serving beverages or ice.
- preparing or serving packaged or unpackaged low hazard foods, including elephant ears, funnel cakes, cotton candy, confectioneries, baked goods, popcorn, chips and grinding coffee beans.
- Providing prepackaged food in its original package.
- Online Food Manager Training: A self-paced training that is online and incorporates different learning experiences such as graphics, audio, and cooperative learning exercises. This is a very effective learning program.
- Online Study Guide: A study guide (20+ pages) that covers the major FDA food theories. This study guide also encompasses the Top 10 Tips to Passing the Food Manager Exam and two practice tests. All of these are done online.
- Food Manager Exam: The test is conducted online via the Always Food Safe Company which is ANSI accredited and recognized by state and county health departments