Last updated on November 5th, 2021 at 12:41 am
Need Your Iowa Food Manager Certification?
Now offering all online training courses with an in-person, proctored manager examination at one of our 1,500 nationwide testing centers
Click the register button now to get your Iowa Food Manager Certification before the price increases!
” So affordable! I definitely recommend Food Handler Solutions! “
School District Director / Creighton School District
Iowa FOOD MANAGER CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
|State Regulations||Iowa requires at least one supervisory employee to become a Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM).|
|Approved Certification Exams||Always Food Safe
ServSafe and Prometric
|Food Safety Training Requirement||No|
|Certificate Renewal||5 years|
|Additional Requirements||All food service workers employed for organizations licensed by the Division of Hotels and Restaurants must take and pass a food safety training course to acquire a food worker certificate from an accredited program.|
Does the food manager need to be present at the food establishment at all times?
When four or more employees are operating in a licensed food facility, a minimum of one certified food protection manager must be there. If there are three or fewer employees, the certified food manager does not need to be present during that time of operation.
Do I need to have a certified food protection manager on board before I open my business?
The law states that you have 30 days to make sure a food establishment has a certified food protection manager employed when a business is just started, there is a change in ownership, or the previous certified food protection manager quits.
Who is excused from the Food Manager Certification requirement?
The following food establishments are not required to employ a certified food protection manager:
1) Food establishments that sell only prepackaged food.
2) Temporary or farmers market food establishments.
3)Food establishments at which food is not prepared, where customers may purchase beverages and where the service of food is limited to the service of ice, beverages, prepackaged snack foods, popcorn or peanuts, and to the reheating of commercially prepared foods for immediate service that does not require assemblies, such as frozen pizza or prepackaged sandwiches.
4) Food establishments at which food is not prepared, where customers may purchase only commercially prepared non-time/temperature control for safety foods that are dispensed either unpackaged or packaged and that are intended for off-premises consumption.
What training do you provide in Iowa?
- Online Food Manager Training: A self-paced training that is online and incorporates different learning experiences such as graphics, audio, and cooperative learning exercises. This is a very effective learning program.
- Online Study Guide: A study guide (20+ pages) that covers the major FDA food theories. This study guide also encompasses the Top 10 Tips to Passing the Food Manager Exam and two practice tests. All of these are done online.
- Food Manager Exam: The test is conducted online via The Always Food Safe Company or in-person via Prometric. Both providers are ANSI accredited and recognized by state and county health departments.
Now Offering a Completely Remote Examination
Click Below to Get Started!
Testing Center Exam Provided By:
Remotely Proctored Exam Provided By: