Click Register Now
Get your IOWA food managers certificate
Now Starting from $99
If you are looking for an affordable, fun and easy online food handler manager certification course, you are in the right spot. Get your Iowa Food Handler Card by clicking the button below.
Our clients love our service
“The course content was thorough and clear, the modules were easy yo navigate through, and the cost was very affordable. Thank you for making my licensing needs so easy to obtain.”
“I liked the experience and the detailed explanation that allowed me to understand all the important aspects. However, I wish there was an option to speed the training itself for a little as it took me almost two hours to go through the whole thing and mostly because of the sentences being over voiced and not available to read at full before the voice over would end.”
“This test is improved from earlier ones. The info section could be shortened, but maybe because not much has changed in the time I’ve been taking these tests. The final was quick.”
“Food Handler Solutions Offers A Knowledgeable, Professional, and Informational Food Handler's Card Course online. Updated credentials. Practice quizzes included for free. I learned more than I expected. Absolutely Wonderful.”
“Very easy and thorough lessons. Loved having knowledge on handling food not only for business but also my own personal daily use.”
IOWA FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
Iowa requires at least one supervisory employee to become a Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM).
|Approved Certification Exams|
Always Food Safe
|Food Safety Training Requirement|
All food service workers employed for organizations licensed by the Division of Hotels and Restaurants must take and pass a food safety training course to acquire a food worker certificate from an accredited program.
When four or more employees are operating in a licensed food facility, a minimum of one certified food protection manager must be there. If there are three or fewer employees, the certified food manager does not need to be present during that time of operation.
The law states that you have 30 days to make sure a food establishment has a certified food protection manager employed when a business is just started, there is a change in ownership, or the previous certified food protection manager quits.
The following food establishments are not required to employ a certified food protection manager:
1) Food establishments that sell only prepackaged food.
2) Temporary or farmers market food establishments.
3)Food establishments at which food is not prepared, where customers may purchase beverages and where the service of food is limited to the service of ice, beverages, prepackaged snack foods, popcorn or peanuts, and to the reheating of commercially prepared foods for immediate service that does not require assemblies, such as frozen pizza or prepackaged sandwiches.
4) Food establishments at which food is not prepared, where customers may purchase only commercially prepared non-time/temperature control for safety foods that are dispensed either unpackaged or packaged and that are intended for off-premises consumption.
- Online Food Manager Training: A self-paced training that is online and incorporates different learning experiences such as graphics, audio, and cooperative learning exercises. This is a very effective learning program.
- Online Study Guide: A study guide (20+ pages) that covers the major FDA food theories. This study guide also encompasses the Top 10 Tips to Passing the Food Manager Exam and two practice tests. All of these are done online.
- Food Manager Exam: The test is conducted online via the Always Food Safe Company which is ANSI accredited and recognized by state and county health departments