Click Register Now
Get your MAINE food managers certificate
Now Starting from $99
If you are looking for an affordable, fun and easy online food handler manager certification course, you are in the right spot. Get your Maine Food Handler Card by clicking the button below.
Our clients love our service
Justin “Mujica” Bailey-Rockefeller
“I had an outstanding experience with Food Handler Solutions! Their online food handler training was top-notch, and the customer service was exceptional. The course was informative and easy to follow, and it was good to know that the support team was always there if I needed them. I highly recommend their services. They made the process convenient and effective. Thanks to them, I now feel confident in my food handling skills. Thanks to you Food Handler Solutions! I'm working!!”
“I needed my food handlers license to volunteer at the USO. This was so easy to access from the comfort of home. The lessons were very detailed with lots of illustrations. I passed the test with 90%. Thank you for providing all that I needed to meet the needed requirements!”
“Quick, easy and straightforward. Could not have asked for a better or simpler experience in getting my food handlers card, so thank you for that. Seemed to have TONS of research material to assist anyone with the knowledge needed to pass as well as just to educate. I winged it and passed but there are those who would prefer to study I suppose. All in all excellent site, price and system.”
“This course was in depth and very informative.. I have taken many food service courses, and this one by far is the best I have ever experienced. I suggested to my employer to make this course the preferred choice in standard food service worker certification. Thank you for such an amazing course!”
“I’ve been taking Food Handlers tests for 25 years, and this is the best one ever done. Easy to follow, and didn’t take much time at all. This is the place to get your Food Handlers Card!”
MAINE FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
The state requires food establishments to have at least one employee with supervisory and management responsibility needs to become a Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM).
|Approved Certification Exams|
Always Food Safe
|Food Safety Training Requirement|
All food service workers employed for organizations licensed by the Division of Hotels and Restaurants must take and pass a food safety training course to acquire a food worker certificate from an accredited program.
When four or more employees are operating in a licensed food facility, a minimum of one certified food protection manager must be there. If there are three or less employees, the certified food manager does not need to be present during that time of operation.
The law states that you have 60 days to make sure a food establishment has a certified food protection manager employed when a business is just started, there is a change in ownership, or the previous certified food protection manager quits.
Foodservice vendors that are temporary and vending machine workers:
• Bed and breakfast establishments with 5 rooms or less;
• Temporary eating establishments that operate fewer than 14 days;
• Bed and breakfast and lodging establishments that serve a continental breakfast consisting of non-potentially hazardous baked goods, whole fruit or fruit sliced for same-day service, cereal, milk, juice, portion-controlled cream cheese, portioned controlled peanut butter, and portion-controlled jam or jelly;
• Establishments that serve or sell non-potentially hazardous pre-packaged foods (non-time/temperature control for safety (TCS) foods);
• Establishments that prepare only non-potentially hazardous foods (non-TCS foods); and
• Establishments that heat only commercially processed, potentially hazardous foods (TCS foods) for hot holding. No cooling of potentially hazardous foods (TCS foods);
• Sporting/ Recreational Camps operating 90 days or less and serving only their own residential guests; and
• Eating establishments that pose minimal risk of causing, or contributing to, foodborne illness, based on the nature of the operation and the extent of food preparation.
- Online Food Manager Training: A self-paced training that is online and incorporates different learning experiences such as graphics, audio, and cooperative learning exercises. This is a very effective learning program.
- Online Study Guide: A study guide (20+ pages) that covers the major FDA food theories. This study guide also encompasses the Top 10 Tips to Passing the Food Manager Exam and two practice tests. All of these are done online.
- Food Manager Exam: The test is conducted online via the Always Food Safe Company which is ANSI accredited and recognized by state and county health departments.