Click Register Now
Get your MASSACHUSETTS food managers certificate
Now Starting from $99
If you are looking for an affordable, fun and easy online food handler manager certification course, you are in the right spot. Get your Massachusetts Food Handler Card by clicking the button below.
Our clients love our service
Justin “Mujica” Bailey-Rockefeller
“I had an outstanding experience with Food Handler Solutions! Their online food handler training was top-notch, and the customer service was exceptional. The course was informative and easy to follow, and it was good to know that the support team was always there if I needed them. I highly recommend their services. They made the process convenient and effective. Thanks to them, I now feel confident in my food handling skills. Thanks to you Food Handler Solutions! I'm working!!”
“I needed my food handlers license to volunteer at the USO. This was so easy to access from the comfort of home. The lessons were very detailed with lots of illustrations. I passed the test with 90%. Thank you for providing all that I needed to meet the needed requirements!”
“Quick, easy and straightforward. Could not have asked for a better or simpler experience in getting my food handlers card, so thank you for that. Seemed to have TONS of research material to assist anyone with the knowledge needed to pass as well as just to educate. I winged it and passed but there are those who would prefer to study I suppose. All in all excellent site, price and system.”
“This course was in depth and very informative.. I have taken many food service courses, and this one by far is the best I have ever experienced. I suggested to my employer to make this course the preferred choice in standard food service worker certification. Thank you for such an amazing course!”
“I’ve been taking Food Handlers tests for 25 years, and this is the best one ever done. Easy to follow, and didn’t take much time at all. This is the place to get your Food Handlers Card!”
MASSACHUSETTS FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
Every food facility must have at least one person on site who is in charge and is a certified food protection manager through successfully passing a food safety certification exam from an accredited program, such as ServSafe or Prometric.
|Approved Certification Exams|
Always Food Safe
|Food Safety Training Requirement|
A Person-In-Charge (PIC) becomes a certified food protection manager by successfully completing an accredited and approved exam from Prometric or ServSafe. Once they have passed one of the accredited exams, the PIC will acquire a certificate and will be considered in compliance with the requirement. Training is not a Massachusetts requirement, however, it is highly recommended.
All food facilities must have a certified food protection manager except the following:
- Temporary food facilities operated by non-profit organizations
- Daycare operations that prepare and/or serve snacks only
- Food facilities that sell only pre-packaged food items
- Food facilities with limited preparation of food that is not potentially hazardous
- Food facilities that prepare and serve USDA meat and poultry products containing 120 PPM nitrite and 3.5% brine concentration, for example, hotdogs.
- Satellite feeding locations receiving already prepared meals from commissaries for immediate service.
No, they do not, however, when the PIC is not present during operating hours, an alternate PIC must be designated. The alternate PIC does not have to have certification, but this individual must be knowledgeable in food safety, food-borne illness prevention, and corrective actions. This individual should be at least eighteen years of age and is a full-time position equal to an on-site manager or supervisor.
Training is not required in Massachusetts but is highly recommended.
- Online Food Manager Training: A self-paced training that is online and incorporates different learning experiences such as graphics, audio, and cooperative learning exercises. This is a very effective learning program.
- Online Study Guide: A study guide (20+ pages) that covers the major FDA food theories. This study guide also encompasses the Top 10 Tips to Passing the Food Manager Exam and two practice tests. All of these are done online.
- Food Manager Exam: The test is conducted online via the Always Food Safe Company which is ANSI accredited and recognized by state and county health departments.