Click Register Now
Get your NEW JERSEY food managers certificate
Now Starting from $99
If you are looking for an affordable, fun and easy online food handler manager certification course, you are in the right spot. Get your New Jersey Food Handler Card by clicking the button below.
Our clients love our service
“The course content was thorough and clear, the modules were easy yo navigate through, and the cost was very affordable. Thank you for making my licensing needs so easy to obtain.”
“I liked the experience and the detailed explanation that allowed me to understand all the important aspects. However, I wish there was an option to speed the training itself for a little as it took me almost two hours to go through the whole thing and mostly because of the sentences being over voiced and not available to read at full before the voice over would end.”
“This test is improved from earlier ones. The info section could be shortened, but maybe because not much has changed in the time I’ve been taking these tests. The final was quick.”
“Food Handler Solutions Offers A Knowledgeable, Professional, and Informational Food Handler's Card Course online. Updated credentials. Practice quizzes included for free. I learned more than I expected. Absolutely Wonderful.”
“Very easy and thorough lessons. Loved having knowledge on handling food not only for business but also my own personal daily use.”
NEW JERSEY FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
At least one individual in charge of Risk Type 3 food facilities must be a certified food protection manager by successfully passing a food safety certification exam overseen by an accredited program recognized by the Conference for Food Protection.
|Approved Certification Exams|
Always Food Safe
|Food Safety Training Requirement|
– Every two years when taking an approved food safety training course that does not need the successful passing of a test.
-Every five years when taking an approved training course that requires the successful passing of a certification test.
An individual may become a Certified Food Protection Manager by successfully passing an exam administered by an approved Conference for Food Protection institute such as Prometric and ServSafe.
A Risk Type 3 food facility means any retail food facility that:
- Has a wide-ranging menu that requires some handling of raw foods; and is involved in the intricate preparation of menu items that may include the cooking, cooling, and reheating of at least three or more foods that are potentially hazardous; or
- Prepares and provides foods that are potentially hazardous including the handling of raw foods; and whose main service population is a highly susceptible group of individuals.
- Such facilities may include, full-service restaurants, diners, commissaries, and catering functions; or hospitals, nursing homes, and preschools prepping and serving foods that are potentially hazardous.
The Food Manager Certification expires five years after the issue date. Check with your local health department for more information on certification renewal.
At least one individual in charge must be a Certified Food Protection Manager and should be present during every hour of operation.
The law states that a food facility has 60 days to make sure a certified food protection manager is employed when the business is just started, there was a change of ownership, or the previous certified food protection manager quits.
- Online Food Manager Training: A self-paced training that is online and incorporates different learning experiences such as graphics, audio, and cooperative learning exercises. This is a very effective learning program.
- Online Study Guide: A study guide (20+ pages) that covers the major FDA food theories. This study guide also encompasses the Top 10 Tips to Passing the Food Manager Exam and two practice tests. All of these are done online.
- Food Manager Exam: The test is conducted online via the Always Food Safe Company which is ANSI accredited and recognized by state and county health departments.