Click Register Now
Get your NEW JERSEY food managers certificate
Now Starting from $99
If you are looking for an affordable, fun and easy online food handler manager certification course, you are in the right spot. Get your New Jersey Food Handler Card by clicking the button below.
Our clients love our service
Justin “Mujica” Bailey-Rockefeller
“I had an outstanding experience with Food Handler Solutions! Their online food handler training was top-notch, and the customer service was exceptional. The course was informative and easy to follow, and it was good to know that the support team was always there if I needed them. I highly recommend their services. They made the process convenient and effective. Thanks to them, I now feel confident in my food handling skills. Thanks to you Food Handler Solutions! I'm working!!”
“I needed my food handlers license to volunteer at the USO. This was so easy to access from the comfort of home. The lessons were very detailed with lots of illustrations. I passed the test with 90%. Thank you for providing all that I needed to meet the needed requirements!”
“Quick, easy and straightforward. Could not have asked for a better or simpler experience in getting my food handlers card, so thank you for that. Seemed to have TONS of research material to assist anyone with the knowledge needed to pass as well as just to educate. I winged it and passed but there are those who would prefer to study I suppose. All in all excellent site, price and system.”
“This course was in depth and very informative.. I have taken many food service courses, and this one by far is the best I have ever experienced. I suggested to my employer to make this course the preferred choice in standard food service worker certification. Thank you for such an amazing course!”
“I’ve been taking Food Handlers tests for 25 years, and this is the best one ever done. Easy to follow, and didn’t take much time at all. This is the place to get your Food Handlers Card!”
NEW JERSEY FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
At least one individual in charge of Risk Type 3 food facilities must be a certified food protection manager by successfully passing a food safety certification exam overseen by an accredited program recognized by the Conference for Food Protection.
|Approved Certification Exams|
Always Food Safe
|Food Safety Training Requirement|
– Every two years when taking an approved food safety training course that does not need the successful passing of a test.
-Every five years when taking an approved training course that requires the successful passing of a certification test.
An individual may become a Certified Food Protection Manager by successfully passing an exam administered by an approved Conference for Food Protection institute such as Prometric and ServSafe.
A Risk Type 3 food facility means any retail food facility that:
- Has a wide-ranging menu that requires some handling of raw foods; and is involved in the intricate preparation of menu items that may include the cooking, cooling, and reheating of at least three or more foods that are potentially hazardous; or
- Prepares and provides foods that are potentially hazardous including the handling of raw foods; and whose main service population is a highly susceptible group of individuals.
- Such facilities may include, full-service restaurants, diners, commissaries, and catering functions; or hospitals, nursing homes, and preschools prepping and serving foods that are potentially hazardous.
The Food Manager Certification expires five years after the issue date. Check with your local health department for more information on certification renewal.
At least one individual in charge must be a Certified Food Protection Manager and should be present during every hour of operation.
The law states that a food facility has 60 days to make sure a certified food protection manager is employed when the business is just started, there was a change of ownership, or the previous certified food protection manager quits.
- Online Food Manager Training: A self-paced training that is online and incorporates different learning experiences such as graphics, audio, and cooperative learning exercises. This is a very effective learning program.
- Online Study Guide: A study guide (20+ pages) that covers the major FDA food theories. This study guide also encompasses the Top 10 Tips to Passing the Food Manager Exam and two practice tests. All of these are done online.
- Food Manager Exam: The test is conducted online via the Always Food Safe Company which is ANSI accredited and recognized by state and county health departments.