Click Register Now
Get your NEW YORK food managers certificate
Now Starting from $99
If you are looking for an affordable, fun and easy online food handler manager certification course, you are in the right spot. Get your New York Food Handler Card by clicking the button below.
Our clients love our service
“Class was great, however the Certificate would not download. Checked my computer settings and they appeared to be fine. It would be great if our certificates were emailed, as I ended up taking another food safety class, not near as detailed, just to get a certificate emailed.”
“The course content was thorough and clear, the modules were easy yo navigate through, and the cost was very affordable. Thank you for making my licensing needs so easy to obtain.”
“This test is improved from earlier ones. The info section could be shortened, but maybe because not much has changed in the time I’ve been taking these tests. The final was quick.”
“Was super easy to use. Some slide sounds were on the wrong page but it was still easy and helpful.”
“It was easy and very informative it went slow enough that I could understand it and if I needed to go back I could so it really helped me to win and walk with my food handlers card feel very proud of myself”
NEW YORK FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
Managers for food service facilities and non-retail food service facilities should be certified in food protection by acquiring a certificate issued by the Department of Health after successful completion of a food protection training course and exam administered by the Department of Health.
|Approved Certification Exams|
The only approved exam is administered by the Department of Health.
|Food Safety Training Requirement|
Required 15-hour training provided exclusively by the Health Department:
Online Training – $24.60
In-class Training – $114
Please contact your local health department.
The Department of Health provides two options to complete the food protection course: in-class training or online training.
- The in-class training is a 15-hour course starting on a Monday and finishing on a Friday with each class lasting three hours each day.
- To qualify for the Food Protection Certificate, you have to pay the $114 fee, appear at all 15 hours of the class and successfully pass the exam administered on the last day of the course.
- It is a multiple-choice exam with 50 questions. The grade required to pass is 70%. Visit this site for more information: http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/services/hany-food.shtml
- The online course is provided for free. It involves 15 one-hour modules of training. In order to become certified, you have to pass a monitored, classroom exam and pay a fee of $24.60.
- Visit this site for more information: http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/downloads/pdf/hany/food-protection-course-faq.pdf
An individual holding the food protection certificate has to be on site and must manage all food preparation activities during every hour of operation.