Alaska Food Handlers Certificate – Online Training
Last updated on June 16th, 2021 at 11:03 am
ALASKA FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
- The Food Handler Solutions Program is currently not approved in the state of Alaska. This program is only intended to be used for personal development and preparation for the state-provided training.
- ALL food Handlers in Alaska working are required to obtain a valid Food Handler Card within 30 days of their hire date.
- This is a MANDATORY requirement statewide.
- Food Handler Certificate must be obtained from a program accredited by ANSI (American National Standards Institute).
- Food Handlers in the Municipality of Anchorage (MOA) must also obtain a food worker permit issued by the MOA.
- Foodhandlersolutions.com is an ANSI accredited provider of Food Handler Online Training.
- It is advised that all persons wishing to obtain their Food Handler Certificate check with the local health department for any additional requirements.
- Some counties may require proof of legal residence or the payment of a supplemental fee to issue a county food handler card.
- All the following apply –
- The certificate expires every 3 years and must be renewed
- A physical certificate is required
- Participation in a training class is required
- Classroom or Online class participation is acceptable
- Class and exam duration must be 1 to 3 hours – Training hours vary from county to county.
- The certificate is required for all staff working in a food service facility.