Nevada Food Handler Certificate – Online Training
Last updated on June 16th, 2021 at 02:03 pm
NEVADA FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
Clark County Specific Requirements:
- The Food Handler Solutions Program is currently not approved in the state of Nevada. This program is only intended to be used for personal development and preparation for the state-provided training.
- Clark County requires that all food workers have food safety training before handling food served to the public.
- Food workers must take a food safety training class and pass an ANSI accredited certificate program approved by Clark County Health Department and obtain a valid Food Handler Certificate.
- The certificate must be presented to the local health department to obtain an approved food worker card.
- Food service workers are required to obtain a food handler card within 30 days of beginning work.
- Food handler cards issued in any county are valid throughout Nevada.
- If you have a valid food manager training certificate, it is accepted in lieu of a food handler card.
- Food handler cards issued in other states are not valid in Clark County.
All other Nevada Counties:
- Obtaining a valid food handler card is voluntary for all other counties in Nevada.