ANSI Accredited Food Handler Certificate Course – Online Training
Last updated on June 16th, 2021 at 06:34 am
UTAH FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
- The Food Handler Solutions Program is currently not approved in the state of Utah. This program is only intended to be used for personal development.
- All food handlers must take a Utah approved food handler training from one of the sources found here.
- In ALL counties across Utah food handlers are required to obtain a valid Food Handler Card within 30 days of their hire date.
- This is a MANDATORY requirement statewide.
- Food Handler Certificates must be approved by the Utah Department of Health.
- Approved training providers may charge the trainee to cover the $15.00 fee which the Utah Department of Health charges to the training provider. The local health department should be contacted for more information.
- It is advised that all persons wishing to obtain their Food Handler Certification check with the local health department for any additional requirements.
- All the following apply –
- Certificates expire after 30 days
- A physical certificate is required
- Participation in a training class is required
- Classroom or On-line class participation is acceptable
- Class and exam duration is 1 to 2 hours
- Certificate is required for all staff working in a food service facility