ANSI Accredited Food Handler Certificate Course – Online Training
Last updated on June 16th, 2021 at 02:37 pm
OKLAHOMA FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
Muscogee County Specific Requirements:
- Muscogee County requires that all food workers have food safety training before handling food served to the public.
- Food workers who take a food safety training class and pass an approved Muscogee County Health Department exam on food safety basics are issued an ANSI-Accredited Food Handler Certificate.
- Check with the local health department to determine where to obtain approved food worker training, test, and card.
- Foodservice workers are required to obtain a food handler card within 30 days of beginning work.
- Food handler cards issued in other states are not valid in Muscogee County.
Cleveland, Comanche, Oklahoma & Tulsa County Specific Requirements:
- The Food Handler Solutions Program is currently not approved in Tulsa County. This program is only intended to be used for personal development and preparation for the state-provided training.
- Each County requires that all food workers have food safety training before handling food served to the public.
- Check with your local health department to determine where to obtain an approved food worker training, test, and card.
- In most counties, food service workers are required to obtain a food handler card/permit within 30 days of beginning work.
All other Oklahoma Counties:
- Obtaining a valid food handler card is voluntary for all other counties in Oklahoma.
- Always check with your local Health Department before taking any online training to ensure your county’s requirements have not recently changed.