Nebraska Food Handler Certificate – Online Training
Last updated on June 16th, 2021 at 02:01 pm
NEBRASKA FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
Lincoln – Lancaster County Specific Requirements:
- Lincoln and Lancaster Counties require that all food workers have food safety training before handling food served to the public.
- Food workers must take a food safety training class and pass an ANSI accredited certificate program that is approved by the Lincoln – Lancaster County Health Departments.
- Upon presentation of the ANSI accredited certificate food handlers are issued a ANSI-Accredited Food Handler Certificate.
- Check with local health department to determine where to obtain approved food worker training, test, and card.
- Food service workers are required to obtain a food handler card within 30 days of beginning work.
- Food handler cards issued in other states are not valid in Lincoln – Lancaster County.
All other Nebraska Counties:
- Obtaining a valid food handler card is voluntary for all other counties in Nebraska.