Click Register Now
Get your TEXAS food managers certificate
Now Starting from $99
If you are looking for an affordable, fun and easy online food handler manager certification course, you are in the right spot. Get your Texas Food Handler Card by clicking the button below.
Our clients love our service
“Class was great, however the Certificate would not download. Checked my computer settings and they appeared to be fine. It would be great if our certificates were emailed, as I ended up taking another food safety class, not near as detailed, just to get a certificate emailed.”
“The course content was thorough and clear, the modules were easy yo navigate through, and the cost was very affordable. Thank you for making my licensing needs so easy to obtain.”
“This test is improved from earlier ones. The info section could be shortened, but maybe because not much has changed in the time I’ve been taking these tests. The final was quick.”
“Was super easy to use. Some slide sounds were on the wrong page but it was still easy and helpful.”
“It was easy and very informative it went slow enough that I could understand it and if I needed to go back I could so it really helped me to win and walk with my food handlers card feel very proud of myself”
TEXAS FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
Food facilities, acceptable by Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and handling, prepping, or serving exposed foods which are potentially hazardous, must hire a certified food manager. The Food Manager Certification should be acquired by successfully passing an accredited, approved exam, such as ServSafe or Prometric.
|Approved Certification Exams|
Always Food Safe
|Food Safety Training Requirement|
Every 5 years at a state level
Some local counties have special requirements, for example, registering the Food Manager Certificate with the Health Department, or needing to pay an additional fee for the issuance of a Food Manager Certificate.
The following food facilities are excused from the requirement:
- Facilities that deal with only prepackaged food and do not package food
- Child care establishments
- Facilities that do not prepare or handle exposed foods that are potentially hazardous
- Nonprofit institutions
Yes, the original copy of the food manager certificate should be posted in an area in the food facility that is noticeable to consumers.
Yes, it will be valid. Food Manager Certification exams provided by training programs that are accredited through the American National Standards Institute – Conference of Food Protection (ANSI-CFP) receive nationwide reciprocity. Although, it is important to remember that specific cities or counties have different requirements, for example, registering your certificate with the local health department. Check with your local health department for additional certification requirements and information.
- Online Food Manager Training: A self-paced training that is online and incorporates different learning experiences such as graphics, audio, and cooperative learning exercises. This is a very effective learning program.
- Online Study Guide: A study guide (20+ pages) that covers the major FDA food theories. This study guide also encompasses the Top 10 Tips to Passing the Food Manager Exam and two practice tests. All of these are done online.
- Food Manager Exam: The test is conducted online via the Always Food Safe Company which is ANSI accredited and recognized by state and county health departments.