Last updated on May 5th, 2019 at 08:44 pm
Need Your Utah Food Manager Certification?
Click the register button now to get your Utah Food Manager Certification before the price increases!
” So affordable! I definitely recommend Food Handler Solutions! “
School District Director / Creighton School District
Utah FOOD MANAGER CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
At least one individual for each food facility is required to obtain a Food Manager Certification from an approved, accredited program like ServSafe or Prometric.
Approved Certification Exams
ServSafe and Prometric
Food Safety Training Requirement
After successfully passing an approved exam you are required to show documentation of that to the local health officer in a time span of 60 days of receiving your certificate. An extra fee might be required in order to register with the local health department.
Which food establishments are excused?
A local health officer will excuse a food service facility from having a Certified Food Safety manager employed, if after evaluation by the local health department, the food service facility:
- Is categorized within the lowest risk class with a local health department using a risk-based evaluation system; or
- Provides a menu of prepackaged, or heat and serve foods, or food items that do not require a lot of handling or assembly and does not perform any of the following food preparation procedures as defined in the Food Code, R392-100:
- a) Cook foods that are required to get to critical temperatures as required by R392-100
- b) Use food items that are required to be cooled within a 6 hour time period as required by R392-100; or
- c) Use food items that must be reheated to 165 degrees as required by R392-100
Does the Certified Food Protection Manager need to be present at the food establishment at all times?
The Certified Food Protection Manager does not have to be present during every hour of business. Although, the certified manager must be a full-time employee.
Does the food facility need to keep a record of the food safety manager’s certification?
A food service facility must keep a copy of its certified food safety manager’s documentation with a passing exam score on file at the facility. The food service facility’s person in charge should provide this documentation to the local health department or the designated representative if requested.
Are there minimum hours of training to acquire the Food Manager Certification?
Taking a training course is highly recommended, however it is not required. The only requirement is to successfully pass an exam from an accredited, approved provider such as Prometric or ServSafe.