Click Register Now
Get your WASHINGTON DC food managers certificate
Now Starting from $99
If you are looking for an affordable, fun and easy online food handler manager certification course, you are in the right spot. Get your Washington DC Food Handler Card by clicking the button below.
Our clients love our service
“Class was great, however the Certificate would not download. Checked my computer settings and they appeared to be fine. It would be great if our certificates were emailed, as I ended up taking another food safety class, not near as detailed, just to get a certificate emailed.”
“The course content was thorough and clear, the modules were easy yo navigate through, and the cost was very affordable. Thank you for making my licensing needs so easy to obtain.”
“This test is improved from earlier ones. The info section could be shortened, but maybe because not much has changed in the time I’ve been taking these tests. The final was quick.”
“Was super easy to use. Some slide sounds were on the wrong page but it was still easy and helpful.”
“It was easy and very informative it went slow enough that I could understand it and if I needed to go back I could so it really helped me to win and walk with my food handlers card feel very proud of myself”
WASHINGTON DC FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
No individual should work as a food vendor without a Food Protection Manager Certificate and a Department of Health-issued (DOH-Issued) Certified Food Protection Manager Identification Card.
Each individual in charge should be certified by a food protection manager certification program that is approved and accredited by the Conference for Food Protection Standards for Accreditation of Food Protection Manager Certification Programs.
|Approved Certification Exams|
Always Food Safe
|Food Safety Training Requirement|
After successfully passing an approved training program such as Prometric or ServSafe, show the original certificate to the Food Protection Division for Certified Food Manager’s Identification Card distributed by the Department of Health. Contact the Food Protection Division at (202) 535-2180 for more information.
Certification must be acquired from an approved food protection manager certification program that is also accredited by the Conference for Food Protection Standards for Accreditation of Food Protection Manager Certification, such as ServSafe or Prometric.
After successfully passing an approved and accredited certification training program, such as ServSafe or Prometric, show the original certificate to the Food Protection Division to obtain a Certified Food Manager’s Identification Card issued by the Department of Health. For more information, contact the Food Safety and Hygiene Inspection Services Division at (202) 535-2180.
No, there is not. Successfully passing an approved Food Protection Manager Certification exam is satisfactory. Although, a food safety course is highly recommended to assist in passing the certification exam.
- Yes, they do need to be present. The District of Columbia Department of Health requires that the individual in charge of the facility be present during every hour of operation.
- Documentation that each individual in charge is a certified food protection manager with an understanding of food safety should be posted in a noticeable area in the food facility next to the food facility license. This documentation should be removed when the person is no longer working on-site for the facility.
- Online Food Manager Training: A self-paced training that is online and incorporates different learning experiences such as graphics, audio, and cooperative learning exercises. This is a very effective learning program.
- Online Study Guide: A study guide (20+ pages) that covers the major FDA food theories. This study guide also encompasses the Top 10 Tips to Passing the Food Manager Exam and two practice tests. All of these are done online.
- Food Manager Exam: The test is conducted online via the Always Food Safe Company which is ANSI accredited and recognized by state and county health departments.