TEXAS FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
- All counties across require Texas Food Handlers to obtain a valid Food Handler Card within 30 days of their hire date.
- This is a MANDATORY requirement statewide.
- Food Handler Certificate must be obtained from a program accredited by ANAB (American National Standards Institute) and approval by the state of Texas.
- FoodHandlerSolutions.com is an ANAB accredited provider of Food Handler Online Training.
- Individual counties may have additional requirements and/or fees ranging from $5.00 to $20.00. The local health department should be contacted for more information.
- It is advised that all persons wishing to obtain their Food Handler Certificate check with the local health department for any additional requirements.
- Some counties may require proof of legal residence or the payment of a supplemental fee to issue a county food handler card.
- All the following apply:
- Certificate expires every 5 years and must be renewed
- A physical certificate is required.
- Participation in a training class is required.
- Classroom or On-line class participation is acceptable.
- Class and exam duration must be 1 to 2 hours – Training hours vary from county to county.
- Certificate is required for all staff working in a foodservice facility.
January 15, 2020 at 11:27 pm
I enjoyed learning!
January 13, 2020 at 10:50 pm
This is a really good course
January 7, 2020 at 10:44 pm