New Mexico Food Handler Certificate – Online Training
Last updated on June 16th, 2021 at 02:50 pm
NEW MEXICO FOOD HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
- EFFECTIVE MARCH 1, 2018 – ALL food Handlers in NEW MEXICO working are required to obtain a valid Food Handler Card within 30 days of their hire date.
- This is a MANDATORY requirement statewide.
- Food Handler Certificate must be obtained from a program accredited by ANSI (American National Standards Institute).
- It is advised that all persons wishing to obtain their Food Handler Certificate check with the local health department for any additional requirements.
- Some counties may require proof of legal residence or the payment of a supplemental fee to issue a county food handler card.
- All the following apply –
- The certificate expires every 3 years and must be renewed
- A physical certificate is required
- Participation in a training class is required
- Classroom or Online class participation is acceptable
- Class and exam duration is not specified – Average is 1 to 2 hours
- The certificate is required for all staff working in a food service facility